March 30, 2010

A Hello and a Welcome

Yes, it is that time. Time for me to invoke my internet-given right to share my unsolicited opinion on whatever I want, whenever I want, and subject it to as many people as I can, just because I can. It's time for me to BLOG.

I wasn't sure if I would ever join the ranks of Bloggerdom, due to a combination of child-induced brain atrophy and the realization that my days did not, in fact, have 30 hours in them. But in a quest for some "me" time that didn't involve a pillow and unconsciousness, I decided that writing was a good idea.

So what is a common goddess, you ask? Perhaps a common goddess is someone who does something ordinary but in an extraordinary way. Or maybe it is someone who does something extraordinary, yet makes it seem like an ordinary task. Perhaps these two things are one-in-the-same. If you look around, you will find that these types of goddesses are more common than you think.

In my life as a common goddess, my extraordinarily ordinary task is simple - to raise my children to be happy, well-adjusted, free-thinking, boundary-pushing, open-hearted, open-minded, broccoli-loving individuals who are ready to take on the world with their dad and I right behind them. And to try not to lose my sanity in the process....

So there it is. I'm here to share my ordinary wisdom and mistakes, my common musings, and my unusually familiar life with whoever should care to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got somethin' to say?