May 10, 2010

How to Become Recession-Proof

I have discovered a sure-fire way to become recession-proof - a job that no matter what the economy is like, no matter who is President at the time, you will always have job security. ALWAYS.

What is this job I speak of? Why, it's simple really - start making orange traffic cones. I mean, I probably saw enough of them this weekend to block off the entire state of Texas, and that's just here around town. If you combined that with the 12093 billion of them scattered throughout the United States at any given time, you should stay busy until you retire around the age of 89.

Now, just like tax accountants and IRS agents, you will have to work extremely hard in the spring. Some two-thirds of the highways and interstates are blocked off this time of year, so you'll have to pump out those orange cones even faster than my daughter can take down a handful of Goldfish crackers. But if you balance out the perks of the job, such as carrying cones around in the back of your car so that you can "save" that sweet parking spot by the door and having an instant witch's hat to use at Halloweentime, then I'd say it's definitely a career worth looking in to.

No need to thank me for this useful tip, I consider it a public service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got somethin' to say?