May 9, 2010

To My Babies On Mother's Day

I just entered this short little blip in a Cotton Babies contest, but then I decided what the heck - I should blog it too!

You are small, yet your love is huge. Your words are short, yet your personality is endless. You cannot do a pushup, yet your strength is amazing. You do not know your colors, yet you see only rainbows. Your knowledge is limited, yet your mind is wide open. You may be too little, yet your wonder knows no bounds. You are young, yet you seem like an old soul. You may be my children, yet we are best friends. You may think you rely on me, yet in truth I only live because of you.

To my beautiful redheaded girl and my sweet little blue-eyed boy: On this Mother's Day, I thank YOU for letting me be your mom. You two have brought more joy into my life than you will ever know and I celebrate that, today and every day.

PS, Thank you for the beautiful painting and for the formula puke on my shirt. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got somethin' to say?